Welcome to our website, which we created to keep friends and family updated the status of our little baby boy. On Feb 5th, at almost 27 weeks pregnant, my water broke during a two day visit to OKC. I'm now being hospitalized in OKC and will try to post updates here for those who'd like to follow us through this experience. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our little guy.











Wednesday, April 4, 2012

60 days

Let me start by saying Owen is doing well. I'll write more later to update about him. But right now my heart is heavy because his roommate, the 28 week old baby, isn't going to make it. There have been about 12 nurses/ doctors in the room all morning. I was doing Kangaroo Care with Owen behind my privacy screen and trying to stay out of the way when things went critical. I just left the room to try to show some respect to the family. His grandparents had been brought in, the mom is still intubated in ICU. I couldn't even get out the door before the tears started flowing. I in no way deserve to have this healthy little baby I have. I just was sitting there in that room, hearing the scuffling feet and calm but concerned voices of all the staff, clinging to my baby happily sleeping on my chest thinking "why did God give me this child?". The mother of that baby is going to wake up and find out she lost her little boy, she'll never have seen him, never held his hand, she won't know the joy you feel when that little boy is 2 and runs to hug you, she'll never know the reward of hearing him say "I wuv you mama", or the pride in seeing him love the Lord. My heart is so heavy right now. I say all of this to ask you to pray for this family. And keep praying for baby Owen. We cannot take our children for granted. He is a GIFT. A complete GIFT from the Lord. He is entrusted to my care for a short time and I want to be present - physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally for every moment of it. I want to hug him and kiss him every day and tell him I love him. So I encourage each of you children, tell your parents you appreciate and love them, each of you parents tell your children you appreciate and love them. No one deserves to lose a baby. No one deserves to keep a baby. I don't know why God has chosen to bless us with this situation, having our baby boy make it all the way to 34 weeks and give us a little fighter who will probably end up thriving and bringing so much joy to our lives. But I will be thankful, every day that I get to have him.

4 comments:

  1. That is heart breaking. I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's situations like this, when we find solace in the absolute justice of our God, who rules everything. We don't have to see the whole picture to know that the innocent children who pass on, are in inexplicable heavenly joy in the presence of the Holy One. We don't have to know whether, or how these parents will be comforted, to know that our God, the God of all comforts, has made it possible for them to be comforted (if they chose to accept His comfort).
    Remember, His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Just be willing and attentive to the Father's leading, and you may be given the chance to share our comfort with this family...

    ReplyDelete