Welcome to our website, which we created to keep friends and family updated the status of our little baby boy. On Feb 5th, at almost 27 weeks pregnant, my water broke during a two day visit to OKC. I'm now being hospitalized in OKC and will try to post updates here for those who'd like to follow us through this experience. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our little guy.











Wednesday, March 14, 2012

39 days

Chris, my mom, & the kids headed back home today. The time flies when they are here. For the most part they did well. One night I wheeled down to the hospital door to say goodbye (we usually say goodbye when they leave my room), and that was a bad idea. It was really hard on the kids to walk out the door and see me still inside. They both had to be carried crying to the car. The next day was much better. The kids were able to take a nap in my hospital room (amazing, I know), we had an earlier dinner and they had time to play in the kid's zone and still have popcorn and a movie before having to leave. Dad bought blue popcorn, so the kids thought that was pretty cool (and they were pretty blue by the end). It was great except that Grant put some popcorn kernels in his nose. Thankfully they came out easily:) We said goodbye in the room that night, which went over much better. I don't think they are as aware that they are leaving that way. And they race down the hall to push the elevator buttons. They were in good spirits when they left today because they were excited to go to the airport and see the airplanes. Ava said she didn't want me to be in the hospital anymore and we talked about how baby brother just needed a few more weeks to grow. She surprises me with how well she can process and accept information even when she doesn't like it.


I had another ultrasound today to check fluid levels. My fluid was at a 9, which is slightly lower than two weeks ago, but still good. The ultrasound tech said the fluid looked good and they are happy with the levels. In another week they will check his growth and we'll have a better idea of his size. I think he must be getting bigger because my belly definitely is sticking out more! Here's a recent ultrasound pic of our little man where you can see his profile.














1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love the ultrasound pic. Next time you get out of the shower and dressed see if a nurse will take a belly pic! If not then I will take one next time I visit.

    ReplyDelete