Welcome to our website, which we created to keep friends and family updated the status of our little baby boy. On Feb 5th, at almost 27 weeks pregnant, my water broke during a two day visit to OKC. I'm now being hospitalized in OKC and will try to post updates here for those who'd like to follow us through this experience. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our little guy.











Tuesday, March 20, 2012

45 days

They went ahead and did my ultrasound this morning. Baby boy is 4 lbs 9 oz according to the ultrasound. Fluid levels are 10.3. So everything is looking promising! 10 more days!!

I am starting to look like a junkie. I have bruises on both arms from blown veins and holes all over my arms from IVs. Plus the glassy eyes from little sleep. I guess I should prepare myself for odd stares when I get out of the hospital:)

4 comments:

  1. Yep, you might want to treat yourself to a spray-on tan! :-) You'll be beautiful because you're a mom that is doing all for the health of baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you not getting sleep because of vitals checks or because it's so hard to sleep in the hospital? My totally unsolicited suggestions are to use Simply Noise to get soothing background noise going and grab a couple of memory foam cushions to go under your backside and back. Simply noise is free to use online, although there's also an app, and it does different "colors" of white noise. The brown one sounds like a waterfall. You can set it to oscillate or to be constant. It's been a lifesaver when traveling or in a weird place that doesn't have enough noise. And if you want some memory foam cushions, just text me. We have some and they help a LOT with cushioning uncomfortable bits.

    Hang in there, momma! You are doing such a good job taking care of your littlest man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions Brie. Unfortunately most of it is due to people coming in my room and me having trouble falling right back asleep because I'm preggo and my body is training me to stay awake so my baby doesn't starve after I'm here. They used to come in at 12am and 4am to take my temp, 5/6 am when the resident does rounds, 7am when the new nurse comes on shift, 7:30 am when housekeeping comes in, and 8 am when the doctors do their rounds. So there's not a lot of sleeping. Thankfully I got them to stop the middle of the night temp readings. I told them I'd call them if I have a fever:). So that is helping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding you'd call! You could even take it when you went to sleep and when you woke up. Frowns for that doc that wrote "temp q 4 hrs" on your chart. :-)

    ReplyDelete