Welcome to our website, which we created to keep friends and family updated the status of our little baby boy. On Feb 5th, at almost 27 weeks pregnant, my water broke during a two day visit to OKC. I'm now being hospitalized in OKC and will try to post updates here for those who'd like to follow us through this experience. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our little guy.











Friday, March 30, 2012

55 days

He's HERE!!

Owen Elijah Moyer joined us at 6:26 pm today. He's 5 lb, 3 oz and 18 3/4 inches long. Pretty good size for being 6 weeks early! I was never so happy to hear a newborn cry!

I was able to hold him for about 15 min before the NICU peds rushed into access him. They took him upstairs to do a full evaluation. Hi apgar score was 7 & 9, which was great, but his breathing was a little raspy so they are going to access him to see if he will need surfactant. I will post some pics as soon as I am able!

It was a long day and I'm completely exhausted. It took some heavy doses of pitocin, but my body finally figured out it was time to have this baby:) Hopefully we'll have some more updates by tomorrow morning.

What's in a name?
I wanted to tell all why we chose the name Owen Elijah. I felt strongly that he needed a name that reflected these circumstances and honored God as he has heard our prayers & watched over us so carefully through this process. Owen means "young fighter". The nurses tell me these preemies are so spirited and are tough little fighters. He's had to be a little fighter through this process and will continue now that he's here. The history of the name Owen is relevant too. The story goes back to a monk, St. Owen, who gained a reputation for assisting the poor, homeless, widows, and orphans. We have specifically prayed that this baby would have a big heart, full of compassion for people. So this name suits him perfectly. Elijah means "the lord is my God". We have promised God that we will do everything we can as parents to raise this child up to love the Lord and we want to recognize he is Lord of our child's life.

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! Happy birthday to the "young fighter!" And definitely congrats to mom, dad and the rest of the gang. -bro boz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic APGAR scores! He is clearly just as tough as his momma. Congratulations a haji lion times over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haji lion = gajillion. I have no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaayyyyy!!! So happy for your family and the safe arrival of Owen! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad he's finally here. God is so good.! The name you picked is perfect. Can't wait to meet him. Let us know when he can have visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news! I only wished I gotten it before I crawled into bed last night. :-) I hope you rest well the next couple days and start regaining physical strength. How is Chris? Over the moon?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I am so very happy for you! He is actually bigger than Jax was when he was born! I hope everything turns out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete