Welcome to our website, which we created to keep friends and family updated the status of our little baby boy. On Feb 5th, at almost 27 weeks pregnant, my water broke during a two day visit to OKC. I'm now being hospitalized in OKC and will try to post updates here for those who'd like to follow us through this experience. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our little guy.











Monday, February 20, 2012

16 days

It was so nice to see Ava & Grant yesterday and today. They already seem more mature in just the few weeks we've been apart. Is that possible? Grant uses so many words and is getting more and more independent. He looked surprised to see me, gave me a big hug and kiss and moved on immediately to scavenge my lunch plate for food he could claim. That boy truly loves to eat. He didn't skip a beat, as if we hadn't even been apart for 2+ weeks. And Ava never ceases to surprise me with the things that come out of her mouth. Tonight she looked at the clock and told me it was 7 o'clock - since when can she read a clock?! Chris left some little project kits last time he was here and my aunt and mom brought some new things for the kids to play with. There were pop beads rolling all over the floor and stickers and glitter all over - they loved it. I have a few pictures, but unfortunately no way to get them off the camera, so those will have to come later. When they had to leave for the night Grant said "I want you come with me mama". I told him I wanted to too but I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital and that he was going to come back when he woke up. That was enough for him. Ava on the other hand seemed awfully sad. She understands I can't leave, but misses her mommy. She kept wanting to give me hugs. She didn't cry or throw a fit, but looked very sad as she waved goodbye for the 8th time. I hope it's not too hard when they have to leave later this week.

5 comments:

  1. Ava and Grant are real troopers! We're also so grateful that your parents are able to be of such support. They're quite the troopers as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are enjoying your time with the kids. I am praying about the end of the week when they have to leave and go back to Michigan.

    Your situation reminds me of what happened to me when William was born. On June 1st, about 5 weeks before my due date, I started bleeding. After dropping the kids at a friends we went to the hospital. I had placenta previa, and I was going to have to be in the hospital until the baby was born. My mom came down and stayed with Amanda and Nathan.

    I spent two weeks in a room with no windows; not knowing if it was night or day. The kids would come every day, but there wasn't anything for them to do...but get in trouble! Needless to say they didn't stay long. The NICU nurses came down and showed me what they might have to do if William needed help when he was born. It was scary, but good to know. Thankfully we didn't need any of that. He was small, but healthy when he was born.

    I am so glad you seem to have a nice room and the kids can come and play with you. I am praying everyday that your sweet baby will be born healthy. I am also praying for you and your family as you deal with the separation.
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SuAnne, It did feel like that in my first room. I felt like I was dizzy all the time because of the fluorescent lights and no sunshine! You can see why I am so happy to have a room with a window where there is some natural light now! It's a blessing to have family to help with the kids. It's quite chaotic here with the kids in the hospital room. But I'm still just glad to get some time to be with them. Thanks for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes chaos can be good, especially when kids are the source. We had our ultrasound last week and I specifically asked about my AFI and it was 8 and she said that was really good. Maybe that can be a reassurance to you. :-) Looking forward to coming by again soon.

    ReplyDelete