Welcome to our website, which we created to keep friends and family updated the status of our little baby boy. On Feb 5th, at almost 27 weeks pregnant, my water broke during a two day visit to OKC. I'm now being hospitalized in OKC and will try to post updates here for those who'd like to follow us through this experience. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our little guy.











Sunday, February 12, 2012

7 days

Today has been a quiet day. I didn't see my nurse at all this evening and started wondering when she was going to come in to monitor the baby. Finally she arrived and told me the entire story of where she'd been. Apparently she had another patient that was a prePromer (that's what they call people like me who's water has broken early) who had to be rushed to a C-section. This girl had gotten an infection, which is not uncommon, and the baby was in distress so they had to rush her to the OR. This hit a little close to home because her water had broken 3 days before mine and she was 28 weeks along (so that could be me in a few days-yikes). The nurse told me most people only last a week or two after their water breaks before an infection sets in. So I told her that I am not most people! It just reminded me of the fragility of the situation. Every week we can gain is less complications that this little guy will have to face after he's born. So please, please continue the prayers that this little boy will sit tight and that I will not develop an infection. We really need him to stay in longer.

I am counting down to 29 weeks, which would be a great milestone to pass. In trying to figure out when that will be, I discovered some discrepancies in my medical records. The doctors here have determined my due date to be May 10th, later than we originally thought. This means that my water broke at 26 wks & 3 days and that today I am actually only 27 wks & 3 days. According to the new date, I will reach the 29 weeks milestone on February 23rd!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you each day as you get closer to your goal, especially that infection never becomes an issue. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you all are being prayed for all the time. We miss you here and look forward to you both passing those milestones and bringing that baby boy back to Michigan. Thank you for taking us on this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete