Welcome to our website, which we created to keep friends and family updated the status of our little baby boy. On Feb 5th, at almost 27 weeks pregnant, my water broke during a two day visit to OKC. I'm now being hospitalized in OKC and will try to post updates here for those who'd like to follow us through this experience. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our little guy.











Monday, February 13, 2012

8 days

In the last two days I feel like I've achieved a few small victories! Yesterday I got to leave my room for the first time. I got a wheelchair ride down the hall to the refrigerator to get my own drink. I can't tell you how silly I felt asking the nurse if I could have a wheelchair to go down there. It seems so silly to have to ask someone to go get me a chair to just go across the hall to a fridge. But it was worth asking, because it felt good just to get out of the room. Then today, I got a new room!! My nurse was so sweet and grabbed a room that opened up with a window that looks at buildings instead of a concrete wall. I just moved tonight, but I already loved seeing some lights outside. I'm excited to see if there's actually sunshine in the morning. Plus, we snagged a little table and chairs from another open room. So I could even sit by the window. Yay! My new room number is 4130. Several people have said they've had trouble trying to get connected to my room when they call the hospital. I believe the direct number to this room is 271-5405.

11 comments:

  1. So thankful that you have a new room that has a window. Sounds like you are doing good and praying that you continue to your 34th week.

    It was so much fun in the car with Ava. She is a non stop talker. We learned she can read a menu and many other things. It was funny when she would call me grandma, which was ok. I also learned Melissa makes the BEST strawberry pancakes and that she should fix them every day. Derek and Ava played hide and seek and that was fun. Derek loves to be the one that seeks and Ava liked to hide, even though most of her was showing.

    Have a great day. Praying for you daily.
    Donna (Melissa's mom if you forgot)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, Thanks so much for helping watch Ava. I'm glad you guys had fun:)

      Delete
  2. Hooray! So glad you got a better room. Having some actual sunlight makes such a difference. It was good to see you today- you look fantastic. We will keep praying, and remember, we live really close and are around pretty much all the time, so feel free to call if you need something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brie! I appreciated the visit - and the goodies. SO fun!

      Delete
  3. We are praying for you and baby Andrea. Isn't it great how God gives us victories....even small ones, like riding in a wheelchair:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it better to call your room or your cell? Jason had fun turning 3. Only 6 more months for Grant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better to call the room right now. I think I've already used all my daytime minutes for the month:)

      Delete
  5. Ava is having a lot of fun at school this week. I was so happy to see her on Monday! She gave me a hug and said grandpa did her hair. Your dad is awesome!! Our Valentine's party was fun. Ava's Valentines were adorable. She was so excited to pass them out. She's still being her silly self and saying "bye teacher". You and baby boy are in my prayers every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! I'm glad Ava was able to get back to school this week. She was really excited about the Valentines. She'll be gone next week because she's coming down here. I know she'll miss you and the other kids while she's away. Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete